Here are some of our most important victories over the tears:
- In 1935 The Restriction of Ribbon Development Act was passed after a long CPRE campaign.
- In 1947 The Town and Country Planning Act achieved many of CPRE’s ambitions for planning and the countryside.
- In 1992, planning guidance incorporated the principle of sustainable development for the first time, in line with CPRE submissions.
- In 2012, our advocacy helped secured positive policies in the national planning policy framework (NPPF) for Green Belts, light pollution and tranquillity.
- Most recently, our Charter to Save the Countryside received more than 80,000 signatures and was submitted to the Prime Minister to show the strength of public concern for the countryside.