Individual Giving and Membership Manager
Salary: c. £40,500
London, SE1 0NZ
Closing date: Midday, 25 February 2020
Interview date: w/c 2 March 2020
CPRE, the countryside charity, is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to develop a new team, and support and grow income from current and new donors.
Over the past year CPRE has undergone great transformation which has led to a completely new brand, a strong set of organisational values, a new strategy (which has just come into play), in-depth audience insight and the initial launch of our new website, amongst other exciting developments. Now, we are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Individual Giving and Membership Manager to use these developments to support and grow income from donors. These donors will give to us through a number of channels including membership, regular donations, annual appeals, raffles and digital fundraising, as well as new channels developed and led by you, the new manager.
Reporting to the Head of Income Generation, you will be responsible for the development, implementation and growth of a portfolio of products, while working in our friendly and busy office in London (we have tea and cake every Wednesday!). By building upon existing relationships, and attracting and converting new supporters, you will grow our income in this area, helping to create a sustainable platform for all our fundraising activity.
What we are looking for:
- 3 to 5 years proven experience in individual fundraising
- Extensive experience of generating regular income from individual donors and meeting donor recruitment and retention targets
- Willingness to drive innovation with ambition to grow Individual Giving at CPRE
- Excellent understanding and knowledge in CRM databases, reporting and analysis with a good understanding of audience segmentation and donor journeys
- Experience in the production of fundraising materials (both in print and digital)
- A good communicator who is also target driven and goal orientated, working with passion and high energy
- A strong member of the team who will be responsive to the changing demands of a growing organisation
- A creative individual who enjoys the challenge of finding innovative solutions to improve efficiency and results
- A passion for environmental issues and the countryside would be beneficial.
What you will get:
- Over 35,000 engaged supporters
- Recent and in-depth audience insight
- Support from two individual Giving Officers, and the benefits of being part of the wider Income Generation team (which includes Supporter Care and Development and Community and Events)
- The opportunity to lead on fundraising innovation projects and work across the department as well as the organisation as a key member of the management team
- Opportunities to develop your skills and benefit from professional external training to support development where relevant and feasible
- To be part of a committed department that is supported by our CEO and a fully engaged Board of Trustees.
To apply, candidates should read the candidate information pack and job and person specification, then complete the application form (CVs will not be accepted). Please make sure you address the criteria outlined in the job and person specification; failing to do so will mean you will be unlikely to be shortlisted. Please send your completed application to email@example.com by the closing date.
CPRE is an equal opportunities employer.
Job ref: IGMM