When do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information from you when you complete a donation or contact form and when you enter any events or competitions on this website. You may also be asked whether you would like to participate in surveys about this website to help us improve our service. Whether you participate in these surveys or not will be up to you.
What may your personal information be used for?
If you are a CPRE supporter, we may use the personal information to:
- Inform you of our work and the different ways in which you can help
- Ask you to support specific CPRE activity
- Telephone you to ask for your support
- Share personal information supplied by you (except for any financial transaction information) with authorised third parties unless you have specifically denied consent for Campaign to Protect Rural England to do so.
- If you are a CPRE supporter or you provide us with personal information in the context of an event, we may use your personal information to:
- Assess and develop future CPRE events and activities
- Inform you about other CPRE events provided that you choose to receive this information; and
- If you choose to receive information about the activities of other charities whose aims are similar to those of The Campaign to Protect Rural England, we will only disclose your information to those organisations who have assured us that they will not use your personal information for any purpose other than to provide this information to you. If after receiving information you decide that you no longer want your details held by that organisation, you should contact that organisation directly.
A "cookie" is a piece of information, like a tag, which some websites create on your PC. Our cookies allocate each user of this website with a random number.
This procedure does not entail the collection of any personal information. Our cookies will not be used to analyse your visits to other websites or track any internet searches you may undertake whilst on this website.
What if I don't want to accept cookies?
Your browser lets you choose whether to accept, not to accept or to be warned before accepting cookies. These settings can be found in the advanced preferences -
In Internet Explorer select: Tools menu > Internet options> Security > Custom Level
Campaign to Protect Rural England
5-11 Lavington Street
Third party websites
We have implemented security measures to ensure that your personal information is protected.
We recognise the importance of privacy to our supporters and visitors and intend to remain at the forefront of industry developments in this area. We will keep this policy under review and any changes made from time to time will be posted on this website.
The Campaign to Protect Rural England is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England, number 4302973. Registered charity number 1089685. Registered office: Campaign to Protect Rural England, 5-11 Lavington Street, London, SE1 0NZ, tel: 020 7981 2800.
Last updated: April 2012