Volunteer with us
CPRE has existed for almost a century, and we’ve been able to achieve so much because we’ve always been supported by amazing people.
Standing with the countryside – together
We’ve had some remarkable successes in our history. We campaigned for the plastic bag charge and against fracking. We called for a deposit return scheme that will radically reduce plastic waste and countryside litter. And, behind all this, we’ve had thousands of dedicated volunteers who have given time and energy to support our shared cause: a beautiful and thriving countryside.
A community of support
Our volunteers support us in many different ways. Some help with the administration and leadership of local CPRE groups, some lead projects and others come along to do their bit at events such as our annual Green Cleans. Every single person makes a difference to the countryside that we all feel so passionate about. We value their contribution enormously.
In turn, they tell us that they get a lot out of volunteering with us. You can read some of their stories here. Our network of local groups means that giving your time to CPRE connects you to many others with similar interests and skills. It makes you part of a movement that’s working to enhance the countryside, mitigate against climate change and promote rural life.
What we offer
We think we’re a pretty great charity to give your time to. Here are just a few of the things we hope you can get out of supporting us:
• Using your skills and experience to contribute to the success of our charity and to make a positive difference to the countryside
• Meeting like-minded people and being part of a team
• Enhancing your CV by developing new skills and gaining valuable experience
• We’ll support you to develop in your volunteering role and provide you with relevant training
• We can give you a reference for your future work or volunteering
• Getting involved with social events and workshops on a local and national level, including the annual CPRE conference
• You”ll get the opportunity to attend a volunteer induction day at CPRE’s national office in London or a regional centre
• And we provide out-of-pocket travel expenses – we want everyone who wants to to feel able to support us.
Be a part of the movement
Want to be a part of CPRE, the countryside charity? When we have volunteer opportunities, we’ll share them here – but in the meantime, if you have questions or want to know more, feel free to email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.