Leave a gift in your will
A countryside for us all. Forever.
When you leave a gift in your will to CPRE, you’re helping our work to promote, enhance and protect the countryside that we all know and love.
Free gift in will booklet
Learn why gifts in wills are so important and why others – like you – use this special opportunity to protect the future of our precious green spaces.Request gift in will booklet
Your lasting legacy for the countryside
Leaving a gift in your will to CPRE is a way of letting your love for the countryside live on. Every gift - of even 1% of your estate - makes a difference.
Why gifts in wills are so important
Your gift can ensure that the countryside is rich in nature, accessible for all and protected for the future. A future where hedgerows and peatlands are restored to tackle climate change and local communities get a say on what gets built where they live. A future where brownfield sites are recycled, valuable farmland is protected, and deep, dark skies are enjoyed by all.
How to leave a gift in your will
Legacy gifts to a charity like CPRE are inheritance tax free. Plus, if you leave more than 10% you can reduce the amount of tax you pay on your remaining taxable estate.
If you would like to include CPRE in your will, you can create or update your will with any practicing solicitor. If you need to update your current will, we suggest you contact your solicitor to ensure that the changes you make are legally binding.
When you are ready to make or update your will and would like to leave a gift to CPRE, here is the essential information you will need for your solicitor:
- Name: Campaign to Protect Rural England
- Address: Campaign to Protect Rural England, 15-21 Provost Street, London, N1 7NH
- Charity Number: 1089685
If you’d like to enhance and protect an area that’s special to you, you can choose to leave a gift in your will to a local CPRE group. To do this, please check our local group finder and give your solicitor the group’s unique registered charity number and address.
We offer a free will writing service through our partner Farewill. While there is no obligation to leave a gift in your will with this service, many supporters remember CPRE with a lasting legacy to help protect the countryside they know and love.
Write your will using Farewill, an online will writing service. You can write your own will in as little as 30 minutes with expert support via email or phone, Monday to Saturday.
Once you’ve answered the step-by-step questions, your will is checked by a team of expert will writers. You then print it off at home and sign it alongside two witnesses to make it legally binding. This service is available to supporters in England and Wales.
Our partner Farewill offer a telephone will service. You can speak to a will specialist on the telephone and your will is then sent to you in the post for you to sign alongside two witnesses to make it legally binding. Call Farewill on 020 8154 5512 or:
Our promises to you
- We’ll always treat you and your wishes with respect and confidentiality.
- Your legacy will be in capable hands. We’ve been successfully enhancing, promoting and protecting our beautiful countryside since 1926. We’ll continue to work in your name for many more generations.
- We appreciate will gifts of any size, and we’ll use our expertise to ensure your legacy will make a lasting impact.
- If you choose to let us know about your gift we can stay in touch and keep you informed of our plans, events and the work we do.
- If you have any queries about leaving a gift in your will to CPRE, our staff will always be available to answer your questions honestly and openly.