Leave a gift in your will
A countryside for us all. Forever.
When you leave a gift in your will to CPRE, you’ll help to ensure the future of our work to promote, enhance and protect the countryside that we all know and love.
Request our free gift in will booklet
Find out more about how your gift can help to regenerate the countryside and the different types of gifts you can leave.
To request a free gift in will booklet and to discuss the possibilities for your gift in will, contact Supporter Care at email@example.com or on 020 7981 2800.
Help us protect the countryside
Your gift could help to tackle the climate emergency, enhance our Green Belt and improve sustainable access or ensure that every child experiences a night under the stars and learns more about the natural world.
Make a difference with 1%
Anyone can leave a gift in their will, and every gift, however large or small, makes a difference. Even 1% of your estate can create a legacy that supports the future of the countryside.
CPRE has received gifts in wills from all corners of our community. We are very grateful to all friends and supporters who have remembered CPRE in this way. Their gifts today will help ensure our experts, campaigners and volunteers can continue their work after we are gone.
How to leave a gift in your will
Gifts, including legacy gifts, to a charity are inheritance tax free, and if you leave more than 10% to a charity like CPRE you can reduce the amount of tax you pay on your remaining taxable estate.
If you would like to include CPRE in your will, you can create or update your will with any practising solicitor. If you need to update your current will, we suggest you contact your solicitor to ensure that the changes you make are legally-binding.
When you are ready to make or update your will and would like to leave a gift to CPRE, here is the essential information you will need for your solicitor:
- Name: Campaign to Protect Rural England
- Address: Campaign to Protect Rural England, 15-21 Provost Street, London, N1 7NH
- Charity Number: 1089685
If you’d like to enhance and protect an area that’s special to you, you can choose to leave a gift in your will to a local CPRE group. To do this, please check our local group finder and give your solicitor the group’s unique registered charity number and address.
Our promises to you
- We’ll always treat you and your wishes with respect and confidentiality.
- Your legacy will be in capable hands. We’ve been successfully enhancing, promoting and protecting our beautiful countryside since 1926, and we’ll continue to work in your name for many more generations.
- We appreciate any gift of any size, and we’ll use our expertise to ensure your legacy will make a lasting impact.
- If you choose to let us know about your gift we can stay in touch and keep you informed of our plans, events and the work we do.
- If you have any queries about leaving a gift in your will to CPRE, our staff will always be available to answer your questions honestly and openly.