Leave a gift in your will
A retreat to recharge from city life. A place for adventure. A haven of tranquillity and solitude. We’ve benefited from the countryside’s healing qualities. And now, our countryside needs us.
By leaving a gift to CPRE in your will, you’ll help us continue to promote, enhance and protect the countryside you know and love for years to come.
How to enhance and protect the countryside with a gift in your will
It’s easy to leave a gift in your will, and you can always change your mind. Just let your wishes be known to your solicitor when you make or update your will, and give them these details:
- CPRE registered charity number: 1089685
- Our address: CPRE, 5-11 Lavington Street, London, SE1 0NZ
If you’d like to enhance and protect an area that’s special to you, you can choose to leave a gift in your will to a local CPRE group. To do this, please check our local group finder and give your solicitor the group’s unique registered charity number and address.
For more information or advice, please contact the Legacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7891 2800.
Our promises to you
- Your legacy will be in capable hands. We’ve been successfully enhancing, promoting and protecting our beautiful countryside since 1926, and we’ll continue to work in your name for many more generations.
- We appreciate any gift of any size, and we’ll use our expertise to ensure your legacy will make a lasting impact.
- We’ll always treat you and your wishes with respect and confidentiality.
- If you have any queries about leaving a gift in your will to CPRE, our staff will always be available.
How Judith made a lasting difference
In 2011, Judith Campbell Smyth left a gift in her will to CPRE. Judith’s friend Susan recalled: ‘Throughout her life, Judith was a great lover of the countryside. When we were children we’d cycle from Hove to the Downs for picnics. She loved walking and regularly walked in the area with the Sussex Downsmen (now the South Downs Society). No matter where Judith went in the world, she loved to come home to East Sussex.’
Judith’s gift to CPRE has been used to enhance and protect countryside across England, including our work to save over 3,000 acres of her beloved South Downs National Park.