Do your own fundraising
Ready to get fundraising for CPRE?
Excited about the work that we’re doing and ready to organise your own fundraising for us? We’ll be delighted to help in any way we can. We really appreciate the support.
There are lots of ways that you can fundraise and support CPRE, from challenging yourself to a walk, cycle or run to having a bake sale, open garden – or something else entirely!
Ideas for ways to support the countryside
Hold a virtual event
- Host a coffee morning: get your friends and family together over the webcam! If you want to have even more fun why not have a baking challenge as well?
- Run a quiz night: hop online and host a quiz with your friends. Get everyone to chip in a small amount to attend – and you could even have a countryside or locally-themed round!
- Go on a hike: get out and about and challenge yourself to a long hike. Discover new routes and view the amazing landscape all while fundraising.
- Get on your bike: get your heart pumping and take your bike or exercise bike for a spin. Get your friends and family to sponsor you for every mile you ride.
Fundraise at work
- Time for team-building fun: connect with your colleagues and come together for some online activities. Break your way out of a virtual escape room or show off your cakes in a bake-off challenge!
Fundraise using Facebook
Facebook now gives you the option to fundraise for your chosen charity on your birthday. It’s straightforward to do. Just follow these steps:
- Go to your Facebook account
- Go to your ‘home’ page, and look on the left side column. You should see the ‘fundraiser’ option under “Create” at the bottom. Click on “fundraiser” and Facebook will give you instructions.
- Pick CPRE, the countryside charity
- Set your fundraising goal – this could be £20, £50, £100 or whatever you choose – and your timeframe
- Invite people on your friends list and engage with them! This part is key. Invite, invite, invite! Share often on your timeline: remember that not everyone will see something if you post just once. While some people may be hesitant to ask people on their friends list, remember you’re giving them an opportunity to participate in something personal and global. And it’s no problem if they are unable or unwilling to participate at this time – you’ve at least extended an invitation.
- Let us know. This one is optional, as Facebook will let us know when you set up the fundraiser, but if you want some help in maximising your fundraising do drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d be so happy to help – and we always love to hear from you!
- Thank people as they donate and watch numbers go up! These people are donating to CPRE, the countryside charity because of YOU – because they love you, appreciate you and think you’re the bee’s knees (and so do we!).
- At the end of your chosen timeframe, no need to do anything additional to get the donations across to us – Facebook has set it up so that your fundraised total will automatically be donated.
We’re ready to help out
To help you along your way, we’ve made a fundraising guide for you to use. It’s stuffed full of helpful tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your fundraising.
And we’ve also prepared some handy extras – poster templates, sponsorship forms and more. Ready to go?
Download your fundraising pack now and start your fundraising today!